The girls had so much fun playing soccer this year. This was the first year they've played (well, Erin played when she was 3) and they did great.
Mike was the assistant coach for Erin's team. They had fun doing it together
I was so proud of Elaina. At her last game, the coach asked for volunteers to be the goalie. Elaina had never been the goalie, but she and half the team raised their hands. So he picked a number at random and whoever guessed it would get to be goalie. I was secretly hoping that she wouldn't get it because I know the amount of pressure that is put on the goalie. Plus, most of the kids on the team had more experience playing soccer than her, and I didn't want her to be criticized. But, go figure, she got picked. I was totally nervous. It's hard to stand back and let your kids do something they might not excel at. But it's even worse to not let them try. She let some goals in, and their team did not win, but I was SO proud of her for giving it a try and being confident about doing something totally out of her comfort zone. It didn't even really bother her that they didn't win the game - she was so excited that she got to play goalie! I'm so proud of her.
In the picture above you can see Mike standing beside her talking her through it. I'm glad he was there to support her. He's a good Dad



No comments:
Post a Comment