I'm finally getting caught up on our blog! I've been doing a lot of posting lately, so scroll through the older posts (at the bottom of the page) to see other recent posts. One of these days I will actually be caught up! :)

Thursday, July 10, 2014

Fun in January

Lots and lots of snow!  Isaac loved the snow.  We don't have a fence in our backyard, so sometimes I'd send him out to play if the girls were out there to watch him, but they had to stay where I could still see him because I didn't quite trust him to not run into the street.  But the girls also enjoyed to go play on the street or at friends' houses too, so sometimes he would just stare out the window, wanting so badly to go out to play.  He and I would often stand at the window and sing one of his favorite songs: "snow is falling all around; on the housetops on the ground.  Snow is falling on my nose.  On my head and hands and toes." 
This night Isaac and I went to play outside, just the two of us.  I bundled him up: mittens, hat, snow pants, extra socks, warm coat.  We were ready to go.  We played outside for about 10 minutes and had a blast!  Then he mentioned he was cold and wanted to go inside.  So we did, and as I started to take his warm clothes off, I discovered that I had forgotten to put on him one important piece of warm clothing: his BOOTS!  I forgot to put boots on him!!!  Mother of the year right here.  I can't believe I forgot to put warm boots on his tiny little feet.  I was so embarrassed and ashamed of myself that I didn't tell Mike for days.  I can't believe Isaac didn't complain - he was just having so much fun.  Thankfully he didn't get frostbite, or catch a cold.  I still can't believe I did that.
Our ward started a great thing where the activity day girls would get together once a month at the home of one of the girls.  The parents would rotate hosting, and whoever hosted would plan an activity, games, treat, whatever they wanted.  It was so fun for the girls.  Most of them go to different schools, so it was great for them to get together in a relaxed setting and have fun together.  
When it was our turn, we ate pizza, and made jewelry.  They also had a blast playing the game, Headbands.  Only about half the girls are able to make it each time, and that's about what our turn out was, but they had a fun night together
Isaac and his buddy, Millie.  I'm not sure how Millie feels about him invading her space!

No comments: