I'm finally getting caught up on our blog! I've been doing a lot of posting lately, so scroll through the older posts (at the bottom of the page) to see other recent posts. One of these days I will actually be caught up! :)

Thursday, July 10, 2014

(January): Monticello

I took an interior design class at BYU and learned about this beautiful place. Ever since then I have been fascinated by it, and have been wanting to visit.  It did not disappoint.
We learned all about Thomas Jefferson.  Talk about a man of many talents!  Amazing.  He had a hand in developing every single aspect of Monticello - both the architecture and design.  

A lookout in Jefferson's garden where he would retreat to read and study

Behind the house
Jefferson recorded the weather, sunrise, and sunset.  Every single day.  With the career and responsibilities he had, where on earth did he find the time?!?




He had a rare indoor privy (bathroom) underneath and behind the house
Train em young! 
Jefferson had a genius system of delivering wine from his storage cellar below the house to his dining area above.  Erin is trying it out here



Jefferson's grave

I love old cemeteries! 
Afterward we went to the children's museum and played with toys!


No comments: