I'm finally getting caught up on our blog! I've been doing a lot of posting lately, so scroll through the older posts (at the bottom of the page) to see other recent posts. One of these days I will actually be caught up! :)

Monday, July 7, 2014

(August): Elaina's Baptism

Elaina's baptism was a really special day. 

I'm so proud of the person she is.  She took this day so seriously, and wanted to make sure she understood the promises she was making.  She was a little bit nervous for her Bishop's interview, and hoped that he would find her ready for baptism.  I had no doubt she was ready, but I love that she took it so seriously!  After her interview she came running out, saying "I passed Mommy!  He thinks I'm ready to be baptized!"

Making good choices and choosing the right seems to be so easy for Elaina.  I hope it's always the case.  She makes up her mind to do what is right, and so when the time comes to make a choice it seems to be an easy decision for her. 








It was so nice to have so much family come for the baptism.  We are so grateful they were all able to come and support Elaina.  Missing from this picture is Elaina's Uncle Daniel.


Our friends, the Thomases, also drove up from Richmond too!  We were so glad they could come.  

Matthew, Elaina, Allison & Erin.  What sweet friends these guys are!

I love this picture of Elaina and her friends


Elaina's primary class: Kate, Kayla, Elaina, Mary, Maria.  Clara is missing from this picture, but is in the picture below.  These sweet girls, plus Erin, sang "When I Am Baptized" during the program.  It was really sweet.


Elaina's primary teacher, Felicia Barnes

Elaina's best friend from school, Selena.  We were so glad she was able to come for this special day.






No comments: