The girls tell me they enjoy art museums. I'm not sure if I've just brainwashed them, if they are just telling me what I want to hear, or if they genuinely like them! I think they do like it - I've tried to make our trips to the National Gallery interesting for them. We've participated both years in a program for kids where they learn about an artist and painting, read a story related to the artwork, and then do a craft relating to the artwork they learned about. I love this program, and I think it's a great way to expose kids to art and culture. I think nearly everything that be made interesting for kids - you just have to look for it! Thank goodness these kiddos are so willing to learn.
This summer we went three times to learn about American landscape painting:
With my friend Marlo's kids: Eve, Sonora, Erin, Elaina, Noelle
With my friend Erica's kids
With my friend Jessica's kids
When we went with Jessica, we met Marlo there too, and all of us went for lunch at the Sculpture Garden afterward. Isnt this a great picture of all the kids sitting around the fountain?











No comments:
Post a Comment