I'm finally getting caught up on our blog! I've been doing a lot of posting lately, so scroll through the older posts (at the bottom of the page) to see other recent posts. One of these days I will actually be caught up! :)

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

(January): Snow!

Although I wasn't thrilled about experiencing a cold winter and missing out on a Texas winter this year, I was excited for the kids to play in the snow.  We were excited to get the text that school was cancelled, Mike could work from home, and they could spend the day outside in the snow.  They had fun playing in it.







After it snowed I was happy we experienced it, and hoped that spring was around the corner.  I was so wrong!  I forgot that winter lasted so long (I know, the Canadian in my became a wimp in Texas)!!  I hibernated indoors for a few months, thinking it would be over soon.  By mid February I seriously thought that we had only a few weeks left of cold, and was mentally ready for Spring to roll around so we could enjoy the outdoors.  Sadly, I wasn't able to wash & put away the winter gear until the beginning of May, and even then the kids were asking for their gloves!  It's been a weird spring with temps in the 90s one day and the 40s the next.  I am definitely ready for summer to come and stay a while!  However, we did enjoy several snow days (apparently they cancel school and work when there's even the slightest threat of snow!) and the kids had fun sledding, building snow men, and playing in it.  I will suffer, if only for their enjoyment of the snow fun :)

2 comments:

Steph Thomas said...

Erin and Isaac have a lot of similar features. I sometimes can't tell if I don't look really closely when they are all bundled up.

amespj said...

I love Isaac's snowsuit. Don't be too hard on yourself...winter has a different interpretation for Moms and kids. I'm sure next winter will be better...or maybe not.