I'm finally getting caught up on our blog! I've been doing a lot of posting lately, so scroll through the older posts (at the bottom of the page) to see other recent posts. One of these days I will actually be caught up! :)

Thursday, June 13, 2013

(February): Mount Vernon

One of the things we've been dying to do is go see Mount Vernon, which is George Washington's mansion in Alexandria (just south of DC).  This picture is the front of the mansion.  We decided to go on President's Day when it is free to the public.  We knew it would be crazy busy, so we arrived right when it opened and luckily were able to avoid all the lines and breeze through the mansion, the grounds, and the museum.  It was a great day!  The mansion is beautiful and the museum was so well done.  A fun, fun day!  I could visit here over and over again and would love to see the grounds in different seasons of the year

Elaina, at the back of the house.  This overlooks the Potomac river

George and Martha Washington's graves


Enjoying exploring the mansion grounds

Revolutionary War soldiers


Some of Martha Washington's clothing at the museum

Isaac was excited to find some buttons to push in the museum

2 comments:

Steph Thomas said...

That is cool. It is awesome that you are seeing so many things.

amespj said...

Add this to my list of places to visit. I bet I could find a couple of young and willing tour guides too.