Erin and Ryan. Babysitter in training!
Everyone crammed into the hot tub one night
Still trying to master my Grandma's almond rocha recipe
Mike set up a mini golf course for the kids using metal hangers and Isaac's new golf clubs. They had a blast following the course around the house
Teaching Erin how to golf
Isaac was excited for his new toys - a stick and a ball. Doesn't get better than that!
Figuring out her next move
Isaac was so cute with these new toys
Ryan, Heather & Isaac
Cuddling with my Erin in the hammock
Day 6:
Seriously, I don't think the hammock was ever empty!
More swimming
One morning me, my Mom, Heather, and the girls (and the youngest boys) went shopping at the market in Jocotopec. The boys (and Jen) went hiking in the mountains while we were out
It was fun to see roosters just wandering around the market like it was no big deal
I wish I could buy my vegetables fresh from this market every day
Selling fish...not sure I'd want to buy my fish from there
I love this picture my Mom got of this man with his vegetable basket on the back of his bike. Just hangin out
The kids weren't big fans of papaya and passion fruit, but I'm glad they tried it!
Me and my kiddos on the streets of Jocotopec
We went through raspberries like crazy, and my Mom was so good at keeping the fridge stocked with them! One of these containers was only about 60 cents! And they are grown locally, so they were so fresh. I ate a bowl of raspberries every day for breakfast and was in heaven!
Buying raspberries. I think we bought like 10 containers that day..,.and we were back every few days for more! Yum!
Selling flowers
This lady is selling radishes out of a wheelbarrow!
sticking out their tongues at each other
The plaza in Jocotopec
While the girls went shopping, Mike, Trevor, Jen & my Dad went hiking the hills behind my parent's house
Mike, contemplating all of life's mysteries
Mike, Jen & my Dad
That afternoon the rest of us went swimming while Mike & my Dad played tennis together. They're a good match for each other - I think they each won the same number of games - actually I think my Dad won one more game than Mike, but we'll say it was even, for the sake of Mike's pride :)
It was fun to watch them play
I love this picture of the two boys in the tub!
Day 7: We went to the other side of the lake to see a fish farm - a man in my parent's ward received a grant to experiment in farming fish in Lake Chapala. He took us out on boats to see the location and explain how it works. Then we went to some ruins of an old Fort on an island. The fort was used during the Mexican War of Independence.
pretty picture, thanks to my Mom
We rode in two separate boats. The kids were so excited for a boat ride!
Me & Isaac, Jen & Gavin
Boat riding on Lake Chapala
Cute sisters excited for a fun boat ride
Lots of great photos of the week, thanks to my Mom!
Cute family: Heather, Ryan & Trevor
Mom & Isaac
We stopped at an island and met a family of 9 who live on a small island on the lake and have helped with the fish farm. It was fun to get this picture of all of our kids and their kids together.
This is the fish farm out on the lake
Continuing our "practical jokes" on the trip, Erin & my Dad are dumping water on family members down below
Elaina was kind of upset about having water dumped on her, so we contrived a situation where my Dad would walk down below her and she'd have a chance to get him back. She thought it was so great when she was the one playing the practical joke!
She was so proud of herself
me & my Mom
Deep in conversation about something
Mom & the girls
Lunch time!
Mexican musicians. Mariachi music originated in this part of Mexico. I'm not sure if these men were in a mariachi band, but lots of times we'd see Mariachi musicians out playing or walking out of a gig together
On the drive out we were to see a spot with hieroglyphics on the rocks
Uno Moo is one of our favorite toddler games. Gavin got it for Christmas this year, so the girls are teaching him how to play
My Mom has been telling the girls that we didn't play "Chutes and Ladders" as kids, but we played "Snakes and Ladders." She found our old Snakes and Ladders game to prove it and they had fun playing
One evening we wanted to go out for dinner, so we hired my parents' maid to come babysit the kids. She didn't speak any English, and they didn't speak any Spanish so we were a little worried how it would go, but it turned out great! We had a great time that night and good food too
This drink is made with whatever fruit is in season.
It tasted ok, but mostly it just looked cool
2 comments:
You guys were jammed packed with things to do. It seems like you would have needed an itinerary to keep everything straight. That drink does look really fun but kind of because it is so big. You great too.
I never have a 'favourite' photo, but I love the one so much of Isaac & Gavin that I had it framed as an 8x10 and it hangs in our bathroom by that tub. I like it because it represents the moment they weren't being territorial 2-year olds and just enjoyed the bubbles and each other.
Post a Comment