Christmas Eve was so fun with my family this year - full of traditions and fun activities together. I love all the Christmas Eve festivities!
Gavin
and Erin are putting baby Jesus on the advent calendar, while Mike is
in the background moving the donkey along the advent calender I had in
my house as a child
Heather & Elaina decorating sugar cookies
Erin with her grandparents
More sugar cookies
Elaina, hard at work
Somebody saw this cute kid licking a knife and kept snapping pictures! :)
Lots of cookies for Santa
As we do every year, we tracked Santa on Norad tracks Santa and kept tabs on where we was all day long. Here Erin & Gavin are keeping up with his travel route
Isaac took a break from cookie decorating to ride his bike around the house
Mike created this contraption so he could pull Isaac around fast. Isaac loved it, and Mike got a workout!
Hanging out in the hammock again
My Mom bought a pinata for the kids since it's a Mexican Christmas Eve tradition. Here she's reading them an article about the religious significance of the pinata
Ryan didn't do too much damage on the pinata
Isaac was too cute with the pinata
Someone handed him a stick and told him to go hit stuff with it. A toddler boy's dream come true! Imagine his delight when candy came pouring out!
And it was three times as big as him!
Getting some help from Grandpa Ducky
Gavin
Erin's turn!
Elaina smashing it to pieces
Yay, candy!!!
Filling his bag with candy
And then dumping it out so he can fill it up again
Reading in Luke 2
Gavin in his little Elf hat
Cousins on Christmas Eve
Sweet Sisters
We went down into the town of Ajijic on Christmas Eve to see some of the displays in the courtyards and the festivities in the church's courtyard
That's the way to enjoy a walk through the town!
Heather & Ryan
The town of Ajijic
This is so peaceful and beautiful. Wish I could be there now!
Our group together on the boardwalk on Christmas Eve
Sunset on Lake Chapala
The local church
The church had live nativities throughout the courtyard
Santa's getting closer!
snuggling with my hubby on Christmas Eve
Ryan's cute Christmas Eve outfit
I love his face!
Love this picture of the three of them giggling together in the car
Christmas Eve gifts for the kiddos from their great-grandmother, Nanny M
For some reason I love this picture of Mike trying to put Isaac's pajamas on
new pajamas!
Trying to get a picture of all five kids was nearly impossible
Reading the Christmas story, Davey and the First Christmas, which my Mom has had since she was 3 and read to us each Christmas Eve
Paul family on Christmas Eve
My sweet family on Christmas Eve. I look tired. Go figure :) And I love that Isaac is pulling his ears
2 comments:
Man makes me want sugar cookies now. Thanks a lot. Elaina doesn't look very happy with her new pajamas:) What a great experience for the whole family.
I had looked at the Christmas posts earlier but didn't leave a comment. I love reading about and seeing it all again. What special memories!
Post a Comment