In August my dear friend Leah came to visit from Australia for a few days. Her sister got married in DC, and then she stayed an extra three days afterward to come hang out with me. We had such a great time! I sure wish we lived closer. We missed living near each other by just a few months - just before we moved to DC, Leah and her husband moved from NYC to Sydney. Maybe someday we'll be neighbors! :) In the meantime, I cherish these visits that we do get every few years
We saw Julia Child's kitchen on display at the American History museum
Leah and the kiddos
The day before Leah left my parents arrived, so we left the kids with them and spent her final day in DC kid-free. We saw the National Cathedral
We walked around Georgetown, one of my favorite areas in the city
Georgetown row houses
We visited Dumbarton Oaks, which is a mansion in Georgetown that was previously owned by an art collector. His home is now an art museum with Byzantine and Ancient American collections
Most impressive were the gardens at the mansion
I love finding places like this - a quiet, hidden expanse of land in the middle of the busy, fast-paced city. I would have had no idea that this was here from the outside, and when inside, it's like a quiet escape from the rest of the city.
A Secret Garden
A Secret Garden
1 comment:
I am SO jealous! I miss both of you so much!
Post a Comment