I'm finally getting caught up on our blog! I've been doing a lot of posting lately, so scroll through the older posts (at the bottom of the page) to see other recent posts. One of these days I will actually be caught up! :)

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

First family outing to DC


When we told the kids we were moving we tried to emphasize all the positive, fun things that we'll be able to see to make the transition easier for them.  So they were really excited to go into the city and explore soon after we arrived.


 At the front of the White House

Elaina had learned all about Abraham Lincoln in first grade, so the first thing she wanted to see was the Lincoln Memorial

Erin at the Lincoln Memorial

The Lincoln Statue

Looking toward the Washington monument from the Lincoln Memorial

We found the Texas pillar at the WWII Memorial

Our family.  We still have some Texan in us! :)

1 comment:

amespj said...

Texas IS a good place, and so is Maryland.