When we discovered that Dorothy's shoes were at the American History museum, we just had to go see them! Apparently Dorothy wore 5 different shoes during the filming of The Wizard of Oz. These ones have yellow marks on the bottom, so were likely the ones that she wore during the yellow brick road scene.
We also saw Kermit the Frog, and other really neat artifacts at the museum
The girls love the Smithsonian castle, except unfortunately, the inside is just a cafe and gift shop.
I told them this would be there one and only $7(!!!!) ride on the carousel on the Mall.
Lucky for them, my parents came to visit a month later, and all they had to do was bat their little eyes to get Grandpa Ducky to pay for a second ride!
2 comments:
I love Erin's sweetheart pose in front of Kermit. I sure love those girls! And Isaac, too, of course! Hopefully we'll get to see you guy soon!
Hhmmmmm....did we know they weren't supposed to get another ride. Or would it have made a difference?!
Post a Comment