I wrote this post a while ago and never posted it. Happy 5th Birthday to my little sweetheart!
Erin has been my little helper this year, and I'm really going to miss her when she goes to kindergarten in the fall. I'm constantly amazed by how loving and helpful she is with her little brother. She's never bored by him, or jealous of him in any way. She's always aware of how she can help him, and if often there before me to give him a toy, or hold his hand if he's crying.
She loves to wake up each morning and watch Mickey Mouse Clubhouse while I get Elaina up and off to school, and then while I get Isaac dressed and fed. She is so capable at taking care of herself - she insists on pouring her own cereal and milk, and choosing her own clothes each day. I love her for her independent nature, but I'm constantly aware of the "second child syndrome" and hope that she doesn't get overshadowed by the needs and demands that Elaina and Isaac's schedules since she's so content to just go with the flow. We have tried this past year to keep busy with playgroups, preschool, library storytime, going to the park, gymnastics, and other activities.
She has a lot of friends and gets along so well with everyone. She's really easy and enjoyable to have around.
Erin is my silly girl. She's always making jokes and being funny. She makes us laugh all the time. She's happy and smiles a lot. Often I'll catch her eye and she'll just give me a big smile. She is clever and witty and doesn't take herself too seriously. Erin still loves princesses and likes to compliment me and Elaina, telling us which beautiful princesses we look like. She likes to dress up and look pretty, but also loves to play at the park and get dirty.
1 comment:
That's my girl!!!
Post a Comment