I'm finally getting caught up on our blog! I've been doing a lot of posting lately, so scroll through the older posts (at the bottom of the page) to see other recent posts. One of these days I will actually be caught up! :)

Friday, November 9, 2012

Going away party

Oh, what a sad day this was.  Our good friend, Steph, planned this party for us and two other families that were moving shortly afterward.  I hadn't anticipated how hard it would be to say goodbye to so many people that I loved and cared about.  This was the night before we moved, and so I shed a lot of tears that night.

My dear friend, Melinda.  She also moved a couple weeks after we did. 

Jim Lawrence, Mike & Jared Burgoon

Me & Jennifer Samuelson

Me & Brittany Bland

Chatting with the other Moms

James, Mike & Chris

The kiddos

I feel so grateful that my kids had so many great friends.  I love all of these kids too.
Loralai, Nathan, Lilian, Erin, Anabelle, Caleb, Elaina, Hailey, Scott

Andria and Jared Burgoon moved just a couple weeks after we did

My sweet friend, Janine.  She came up from Austin, and we were so glad to be able to see her again before we left

Me, Janine, and Steph

Allison and Bella

The "older" crowd.  What a great group of kids!

Allison and Melinda

Sarah and Janine

I will miss hearing these men sing together.  It was great to hear them sing together at the get together that night: Scott, Jim, Paul, Cory

Great kids!
back: Bella, Josh, Loralai
middle: Matthew, Caleb, Anabelle
front: Allison, Erin, Lilian, Elaina

Silly faces!

My sweet friend, Steph.
How appropriate that we both showed up to our going away party in the same shirt!  We had both purchased it recently, but hadn't seen each other wear it.  When she bought it, she thought to herself, "this looks like something Allison would wear."  See how well she knows me! :)
Steph was our first friend in Bryan - we got in touch with her through another friend who used to live in Bryan, and Mike and I stayed with her family when we went house hunting.  Our families became instant friends and she has continued to do so much for us while we lived there.

Steph & Chris' kids with our kids: Allison, Matthew, Elaina, Erin

This is my best friend, and I'm glad that I didn't have to leave him behind!

2 comments:

Scott said...

Your posts are making me want to cry... :) I know that we still have a year and a half (theoretically) left in Bryan, but it's making me realize I should appreciate what I have while I'm here. And really, all the things you love about Bryan, I love too! Thanks for helping me remember how lucky I am to be here.

amespj said...

You even got me crying just reading this. I feel like I know so many of these people. You never outgrow being grateful for good friends for your kids.