I'm finally getting caught up on our blog! I've been doing a lot of posting lately, so scroll through the older posts (at the bottom of the page) to see other recent posts. One of these days I will actually be caught up! :)

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

(October): Heyser Farm Field Trip

I was able to accompany Erin's class on a field trip to a local small farm last fall.  They were learning about apples and were able to see the apple orchards, how the apples were sorted and cleaned, and how apple cider was made.  I thought it was interesting too!

Farmer Mike caught a rooster for each of the kids to pet

Watching the apples sort into small, medium, and large

Picking out her apple

yummy apple cider

2 comments:

Steph Thomas said...

That is really cool. I would want to go and see that.

Amy Martin said...

That is so awesome! Yeah for Maryland, right! So good to read your blog and catch up a bit. I'm trying to catch up on mine. Hopefully in the next few days I'll have it finished. Miss you!