I'm finally getting caught up on our blog! I've been doing a lot of posting lately, so scroll through the older posts (at the bottom of the page) to see other recent posts. One of these days I will actually be caught up! :)

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

(October): Fall in DC & Georgetown

I hadn't realized how much I love and miss the seasons until I moved to Maryland and fall arrived.  I couldn't get enough of the red and yellow and orange trees as they changed color, and was a hazard on the road because I was always distracted by all the different colors and scenery.  It's so beautiful!  I was dying to go to my favorite part of DC (Georgetown) during the fall and see the neighborhood with all the different colors

While we were heading there I realized that the White House was offering free garden tours of the South Lawn that day, so we went there first, got our tickets, and walked along the mall while we waited until our turn to go through the White House Gardens.  The mall was beautiful at this time of year




Georgetown of course was breathtaking with the charming row houses and the tree lined streets in all the beautiful fall colors.  It was fun to wander through the streets with the kids and enjoy fall in such a beautiful setting. 






The Kennedy's lived in many different homes in Georgetown, so I looked up a few and found them on our walk that day, which was kind of fun:
JFK was living in this house when he met Jackie for the first time

Just down the street, this is where JFK and Jackie lived during his Presidential campain (the house on the left)

4 comments:

Kelli said...

So pretty! We're dying to get out there to visit you guys. Hopefully this year. We're thinking of doing a New York/DC trip. But we'll see if we're able to scrounge up the money (and time off).

Steph Thomas said...

How fun! SO pretty. It looks like the girls thoroughly enjoyed it as well.

Meli said...

I love all the updates!!

amespj said...

Those fall colours are spectacular!