I'm finally getting caught up on our blog! I've been doing a lot of posting lately, so scroll through the older posts (at the bottom of the page) to see other recent posts. One of these days I will actually be caught up! :)

Thursday, July 11, 2013

(May): Road Construction

This was better than Disneyland - we had street pavers in our neighborhood all month long!!!  Isaac couldn't get enough of it.  He loves cars, trucks, trains, and anything that moves.  When they were working in front of our house, I had live entertainment for him out the living room window, and it was great!  When they were in other parts of the neighborhood, we'd go find them and just sit on the grass and watch, or sometimes we'd bring a picnic.  Isaac was in heaven.  The construction workers got to know us really well and would always wave, high five, and honk their loud horns just for him.  At one point one guys let him come and stand on the back of one of the machines as it moved along the street, but that was too much for Isaac, and made him nervous so he chose to just stand on the grass and watch from a distance instead

I couldn't even get him to take his eyes of the trucks for a picture.  It was so fun to see him get excited about all the trucks.  He would just point from one big truck to another, saying "whoa!!!  WHOA!!"  Even now when we drive down the street, he likes to point out the big trucks and say "WHOA!!"  It's pretty cute :)


4 comments:

Steph Thomas said...

That is really cute. Maybe he heard you guys say that a lot and now that is what he thinks they are called, whoas.
Like Elaina thinking Target was called, need to run some errands, or something like that:)
How precious that he was so fascinated by them. You must have LOVED having that entertainment for him all day:)

Heather said...

That is stinking awesome. What a fun time for him!

amespj said...

Whoa...those ARE big trucks and worth getting excited about. Isn't it interesting how much boys love big machines and girls could care less.

amespj said...

Moma don't let your babies grow up to be truckers. However, it looks like he has a mind of his own. Ducky

PS. From where I am, I can't comment without a VPN, so I'm on Mom's computer. Now, that I'm on her computer I'm going use it to break all the rules . . . Hey, your post looks real good!