Elaina gave him a badge that morning which said "Birthday Man." He was instructed to wear it all day at work, which he did.
Erin discovered this clock downstairs in our storage area. We've had it forever (we got it as a wedding gift), and have even used it in every house we've had except this one - I just haven't found a place for it yet. Well, Erin I guess had forgotten about it and saw it downstairs and said she wanted to give it to Daddy for his birthday. Free?!? That's Mike's kinda gift! So she wrapped it up and gave it to him like it's brand new. Now I'm still left with the dilemma of where to put it...
Elaina made Mike a coupon book, which included these FANTASTIC coupons:
"This is good for....
good jokes
4 surprises
a glass of milk
entertainment
a family date
30 minutes of sleep
lots of sleep
11 hugs and kisses
15 surprises
a family date
me buying you doctor pepper
serving you dinner
jokes
Bed n' breakfast
Daddy Daughter date
a back scratch and head scratch
getting 20 drinks at any time
Hugs and kisses
special helper
"This is good for....
good jokes
4 surprises
a glass of milk
entertainment
a family date
30 minutes of sleep
lots of sleep
11 hugs and kisses
15 surprises
a family date
me buying you doctor pepper
serving you dinner
jokes
Bed n' breakfast
Daddy Daughter date
a back scratch and head scratch
getting 20 drinks at any time
Hugs and kisses
special helper
the girls suggested that Isaac give him some M&Ms and Toblerone because he loves them. Doesn't get better than that!
And, Isaac made a hat (well, I think he got some help from some crafty sisters). It almost fits! The card from Isaac (also made with a little help) read:
To Daddy,
I love you.
You make me lafe.
You are speshl.
Love, Isaac
P.S. The girls recently discovered that there's a
fun trend in the birthdays in our family:
April: Daddy, May: Isaac, June: Millie, July: Erin, August: Elaina, September: Mommy

3 comments:
Your girls are so fun and sweet. They make the little things seem so big.
I love that she gave him an old clock. Seriously made me laugh out loud. Funny girls! I miss them!
I love the gifts...so personal. I'm curious how Mike differentiates between Elaina's 'jokes' and 'good jokes'.
Post a Comment