I'm finally getting caught up on our blog! I've been doing a lot of posting lately, so scroll through the older posts (at the bottom of the page) to see other recent posts. One of these days I will actually be caught up! :)

Thursday, July 11, 2013

(May): Happy Birthday to my little buddy


Isaac turned two in May, and as soon as that milestone birthday came along, he started showing it!  I actually mean that in a good way.  My Mom has always reminded me what a great age two is and it is true.  They want to be independent and start to really want to do things the rest of us can do, and I feel like something comes alive in a child at this age where they realize what they're capable of...but not really able to do it all.  And they realize that too.  Isaac still doesn't say very many words, so it's frustrating for him that he can't communicate what he wants.  But in his little eyes I can see that he realizes all the fun things that he can get into do.

Isaac loves his big sisters and wants to imitate them and be apart of what they do.  When I would pack lunches and help get backpacks ready in the morning he would grab a little lunch box and hand it to me to make one for him.  He just wants to carry around a lunch box, like his sisters.  He also wants to join in on everything the girls are doing with their friends and as soon as they run out to play, he grabs his shoes and wants to follow.  Since we don't have a fence, unfortunately he can't go unless I'm there, so sometimes he has to settle with just watching them from the window.  I know he sees himself as just as capable and independent as they are, but he's just not there..yet :(


He's decided he doesn't like a sippy cup, and wants to drink out of a regular cup, like the rest of us.  However, if he gets upset or doesn't want his drink anymore, he just dumps it upside down.  When he's mad he knows it will irritate me - and he's right!


A few things about Isaac:

TV Shows/Movies: 

Thomas (the Train) Movies, Cars (just a short film on Netflix that he watches over and over again), Blues Clues
*Isaac can't say much, but these are the only three shows he watches (they're on Netflix) and one thing he can tell me is that he wants to watch a show.  "Vroom" means he wants to watch the Cars movie, "Arf" means he wants to watch Blue's Clues, and "TaTis" means he wants to watch a Thomas movie.

Favorite toys:

Cars.
Trains.
Balls.
And that's about it.
(occasionally a puppy toy, blocks, or any variation of those two vehicles in the form of puzzles, stuffed animals or books)

Words Isaac could say at his birthday:
(not very many, and he actually just qualified for Speech Therapy, so that will start in a few weeks)

Tatis (Thomas the Train)
Arf (puppy)
Rawr (for anything that roars, and really any animal that isn't a puppy - turtle, monkey, elephant....)
MaMa
GoGo (this is what he calls Mike, and we're not sure why - he used to call him DaDa)
GoGo - this also refers to a motorcycle - because he thinks every motorcyclist is his Daddy
LuLu - this is what he calls Elaina
Lala - this is what he calls Erin
Na - cup
NaNa - Goodnight
Bubbo - Bubbles (and also the white dandelions that you blow - he thinks those are bubbles too)
Poopoo (when he has a poopy diaper)
Woawoa - Laura, his little playmate
Tata - Megan, his other little playmate
Nana - he has a Nana, but right now that's what he calls anyone that isn't one of the people whose names he can already say
Ca - Duck or Bird
Uh-Oh

Oh, and of course "Ni"...which means "No,"  We hear this one a lot.

He's a great little helper, and can do the following chores when asked:
"put your shoes away"
"throw this in the garbage"
"go get Millie's leash"
"let's go get in the car"
"close the door"




3 comments:

Steph Thomas said...

And he is absolutely adorable too. I love those pictures. What a sweet boy you have.

Heather said...

so cute!! Boys are so simple. =) He is a great combo of you and Mike

amespj said...

I love that little boy. I'm thrilled that my name is one of the few that he can say (even if he calls other by that name too). I can't wait to play with him in a few weeks.