I'm finally getting caught up on our blog! I've been doing a lot of posting lately, so scroll through the older posts (at the bottom of the page) to see other recent posts. One of these days I will actually be caught up! :)

Sunday, July 7, 2013

(May): Camping

Mike has been dying to go camping since we arrived here - he's gone a lot with the Scouts at church, but this was the first time we went here in MD with our family.  Unfortunately, we got rained out and had to race into the tent as soon as dinner was ready, and then spent the whole evening in the tent, but still it was a good night

The girls played Old Maid while we got the fire going

And Isaac couldn't wait for dinner.  Chips before dinner?  Sure!...when you're camping!

Thanks to the rain, we couldn't do smores that night, so we let the kids eat them for breakfast the next day instead.  Anything goes when you're camping!

Smores for breakfast!  Wahoo!

I forgot spoons.  So eating jello with the lid works too!

The kids had fun running around the next day.  Look at Erin's poses in the pictures below.  She cracks me up!





Millie had fun too!

Had a fun time this weekend with these 3 cute kiddos

3 comments:

Steph Thomas said...

Chris opted not to go to the father/son campout and said he would rather go camping with his family. I hope our ward goes camping at Virginia beach like they always do. That would be really fun.

amespj said...

Adaptation is the name of the game with camping - you were trained well. You're right, anything goes. Except the tent rules of course - take off your shoes, no eating inside, and no touching the sides when raining! I'm sure you remember those rules.

Heather said...

those are so great!! what fun family memories. I stink at camping but need to attempt it eventually. =)