I'm finally getting caught up on our blog! I've been doing a lot of posting lately, so scroll through the older posts (at the bottom of the page) to see other recent posts. One of these days I will actually be caught up! :)

Thursday, July 11, 2013

(May): Camping, Round Two

The day after we got home from our last camping trip (where we got rained out, and poured on all night long!), some friends from church approached Mike about going camping that upcoming weekend.  My response to Mike was, "I can't even think about another camping trip until I have the laundry finished from the last one!"  Well, luckily Monday is my laundry day, so it gave us 5 days to gear ourselves up for round 2!  Luckily this time there was no rain, and we went with two other families from our ward.  It was a lot of fun!

A cute two year old boy with a bucket on his head

Packing up!

Monkey in the trees

Elaina and Erin with their friends, Laura and Alyssa

The girls were great helpers with Issac.  They all had fun exploring

Why does every Dad have to do this?  Does it freak out every other Mom like it does me?

Hiking at Cunningham falls

Our family at the falls

My friend Sara took the girls up closer to the falls.  You can't tell from the picture, but they were up really high - it was quite the little hike for them!

Searching for rocks to throw into the stream

Isaac and his friend, Laura.  Right after this picture they both tripped and took a tumble.  He wasn't so smiley and flirty after that! :)

The kids wanted to do a silly picture at lunch.  What goofs!

All the kids.  3 families.  10 kids.  2 dogs.  We had a blast!

2 comments:

Steph Thomas said...

I think camping with friends is so much more fun...though we have never done it. I hope that we have a ward campout this year. They said that it is usually at VA Beach so that would be really fun.

amespj said...

Kids with buckets on heads...Dads tossing kids...kids & goofy shots...some things never change even from one generation to the next. So glad you got the laundry done and tried again.