I'm finally getting caught up on our blog! I've been doing a lot of posting lately, so scroll through the older posts (at the bottom of the page) to see other recent posts. One of these days I will actually be caught up! :)

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Monte Monte Caballo

My Dad started this thing when I was a little girl that now continues with the next generation. He made up this song (it's half in Spanish, half in English) that he sings while bouncing us on his legs, and then flips us over his head. Here's how the song goes:

Monte Monte Caballo
Caballo se llama Ducky
Ducky's legs go up and down
Little Elaina - she - flies - OFF!!

(when I was little I couldn't say Dad, so I called him Ducky, so now Elaina calls him Grandpa Ducky...so, that's why the "caballo's" name is Ducky...)

Anyways, I remember him doing this over and over with us as little kids and it's one of my favorite memories. I couldn't find a picture of him doing it with me, but here's a picture of my sister Jen getting a "Monte Monte Caballo" ride:


And as you can see, the tradition continues:



It's a good thing my Dad exercises regularly
because he's still got a few years of this ahead of him :)

1 comment:

Heather Bell said...

That is too cute! Lana has the cutest smile ever! Thank goodness for grandpas and dads, then mom's dont' always have to do that stuff!