One of my favorite things about the area where we live is that it is so culturally diverse, which brings interesting architecture, cultural activities, different types of people, etc. Right across the street from our neighborhood is this Ukranian Orthodox Church
In September they held their annual Ukranian Festival, which was open to the community.
They had lots of different musicians and dancers perform traditional dances from Ukraine and other European countries.
Mike served his mission in Russia, so he was excited to eat some food since Ukraine and Russia share similar dishes. He couldn't pick one, so we all split some Borscht, Perogies, and Cabbage Rolls
and cotton candy, apparently
The cotton candy was Isaac's favorite!
This little man still wasn't walking (at 16 months) but he could stand up on his own!
One of the priests gave the kids around the grounds in a tractor ride
Behind the church was this huge expanse of land that the church owns, which I had no idea was here. I drive by the church every day, and didn't realize there was so much land behind it. That's one of the things I love about here - finding these beautiful landscapes, even among the densely packed city suburbs.
4 comments:
I would LOVE for you to start writing on your blog again. It is GREAT family history!!! *hint, hint*
Too bad Mike didn't know your Grandma - do you remember her delicious perogies and cabbage rolls!
It said that you had a new post but when I clicked on it, it didn't come up. I was really excited to read a post from you.
I'm working on it Steph - I am re-determined to catch up! :)
Post a Comment