I'm finally getting caught up on our blog! I've been doing a lot of posting lately, so scroll through the older posts (at the bottom of the page) to see other recent posts. One of these days I will actually be caught up! :)

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

DC with my parents - Day Two

We took my parents to DC a second day, and spent the day at the Natural History Museum on the mall, and then took a Potomac River cruise at sunset to see the skyline from the river.

Walking on the mall


The Natural History museum had a discovery area for kids, that was really cool.  It was appropriate to go to this museum with my Dad, who is also a scientist. 

Checking the crocodile's teeth

Not sure what they're looking at, but I love this picture!

Investigating sea shells with magnifying glasses

Trying to hear the ocean

Looking inside a sea shell

Any resemblance?

Looking at a bull's skull

Looking at rocks

Me and my buddy

The Hope Diamond

This was my favorite part of the museum!! :)  0

Rocks become a lot more interesting when you have a geologist with you!

Elaina loves to learn

Not sure what he was teaching her, but it must have been mind blowing! 

The kids love the computer

Well, they batted their pretty little eyes and Grandpa Ducky paid for another ride on the Merry-Go Round. 

Life wouldn't be nearly as much fun if we didn't have grandparents!  Thank goodness for them


This is the National Archives building.  I love all these beautiful buildings!





No comments: