I'm finally getting caught up on our blog! I've been doing a lot of posting lately, so scroll through the older posts (at the bottom of the page) to see other recent posts. One of these days I will actually be caught up! :)

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

First Day of School

Erin was so excited for her first day of kindergarten!  She's been waiting to go to kindergarten for so long!  She's watched Elaina go off to school for two years now, she's attended lunch and classroom activities with Elaina, and now it's finally her turn!  

Elaina on her first day of second grade.

I was really anxious about sending Elaina off since it was a new school.  She wasn't really worried about it until we actually got to the school.  When I dropped her off I could see the look on her face when she realized that the other kids knew each other already, and she didn't know anyone.  It was one of the hardest moments I've had as a Mom - to turn around and leave her all alone like that.

At the end of the day, she came home with a smile on her face, and said she had a great day!  I was anxious to hear what she did at recess.  She said she walked up to a supervisor and said, "I'm new here and I don't know anybody so I don't have anyone to play with."  I was so proud of her that she had the courage to do that!

New lunch boxes!

Lining up with the rest of the kindergarteners

I couldn't wait to see them get off the bus at the end of the day.  Every year it's exciting to hear about their first day, but I was particularly anxious since it was a brand new school for Elaina, and the first day ever for Erin.  Both had a great day!

No comments: