After going to Bull Run Battlefield, and on our way to Harper's Ferry, we stopped for lunch in West Virginia. Erin felt something rub her leg and jumped up. We looked under the table and found this guy...
A groundhog!
He was fearless! I can't believe he came up to our table and just started eating scraps from under the table. We didn't know what it was at first, but we all jumped up on the tables. I had no idea that groundhogs are so big! Everyone inside the restaurant came out to see the groundhog. He hung out there for a long time, and was still there, attracting a crowd of spectators, until after we left.
Thanks to Isaac dropping his food on the ground, he found a treasure trove of food scraps under Isaac's highchair - Isaac is so good at sharing food with animals!
We spent the rest of our lunchtime hanging out on top of the tables
Do you like how I'm protecting myself by crawling on top of the table, but leave my son right there, with his feet dangling just inches from groundhog's face? What a great Mom I am! :)
What cute kids!
No comments:
Post a Comment