I'm finally getting caught up on our blog! I've been doing a lot of posting lately, so scroll through the older posts (at the bottom of the page) to see other recent posts. One of these days I will actually be caught up! :)

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Counting Games

A while ago Erin and I were in the car and she announced that she was going to count backwards from 100. I wish I could capture how adorable it was to listen to her figure out how she might do this. Before each set of tens she would quietly count upwards to ten in order to figure out when set of tens would come next. My favorites were her versions of fifty, thirty, twenty, and the teen numbers. This is how it went:

One Hundred.

ninety one
ninety two
ninety three
ninety four
ninety five
ninety six
ninety seven
ninety eight
ninety nine

eighty one
eighty two
eighty three
eighty four...
eighty nine.

seventy one
seventy two
seventy three
seventy four...
seventy nine.

sixty one
sixty two
sixty three...
sixty nine.

five-ty one
five-ety two
five-ety three
five-ety four
five-ety nine

forty one
forty two
forty three
forty four...
forty nine

three-tee one
three-tee two
three-tee three
three-tee four...
three-tee nine

two-tee one
two-tee two
two-tee three
two-tee four...
two-tee nine

one-tee one
one-tee two
one-tee three
one-tee four
one-tee five
one-tee six
one-tee seven
one-tee eight
one-tee nine.

"There! I did it!" :)

No comments: