I'm finally getting caught up on our blog! I've been doing a lot of posting lately, so scroll through the older posts (at the bottom of the page) to see other recent posts. One of these days I will actually be caught up! :)

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Mr Mike's 1st Piano Recital

Mike held a piano recital for his students tonight. He teaches 9 students, ranging from ages 6-15. He advertised on Craigslist two years ago and started teaching one family of twins. All of his students since that first family have been referrals, so I think he must be doing a good job :) When he first started, I worried about him taking on too much with school, but He really enjoys it and it has given him a nice break from the monotony of school each day. I'm glad he's doing it and enjoying it. He also promises each of the kids that if they practice, he'll do a magic trick for them at the end of each lesson. It's good incentive for them to practice, and also great incentive for him to keep learning new tricks. At the end of the recital tonight, the students presented a gift to him as a thank you. They gave him a gift card to a magic store, which I think was appropriate :) It was very thoughtful of them. He loves teaching these kids!

Unfortunately the pictures are so dark! This is even with the flash on :( Oh well, I still want to post them. The one below is Mike playing a piece (On Green Dolphin Street) that he performed at the end of the recital. He did a great job!


I was so proud of him tonight. All the parents and kids think he's wonderful! I do too :)

Family picture after the recital

5 comments:

Steph Thomas said...

That is really cool. I didn't know he had so many students. I love your pink dress. Very stunning:)

Kristi said...

How fun! Taryn had hers a few weeks ago. We just have a keyboard so it is a big deal for her when she gets to play on a baby grand:)

Heather said...

You are rockin' that dress!!! How cute and congrats to Mike.=)

Amy Martin said...

Good job Mike. You looked great in that dress!

MB said...

VERY cool! I didn't know Mike played! He's a cool guy. :)