
On the way home from church, Elaina announced: "Next Sunday is Kids' Day. Kids' Day is where you give hearts and stickers and presents to the kids." I pointed out that maybe yesterday was kids' day because we spent the day swimming and playing with her and Erin. Or maybe last Saturday was kids' day because we spent the whole day at her dance recital. Or maybe every day is kids' day because of all the fun activities we do. Apparently those things don't qualify as kids' day.
(side note: I actually remember when I was young asking my Mom why there is a Mother's Day and Father's Day and not a kids' day...she told me that every day was kids' day. I wasn't satisfied. I get it now).
This afternoon, as Elaina continued to make plans for Kids' Day, she told me that she would like me to give her a Barbie for Kids' Day. I suggested a homemade card telling her how great she is (because I loved the ones I got on Mother's Day). Nope, this would not suffice. A Barbie would be great.
Hmmm...the idea of creating a holiday for myself so that my family can give me expensive gifts sounds like a great idea. Dear Elaina: For "Allison Day" I would like diamond jewelry, please!
1 comment:
It is wonderful to see all the things that now make a lot more sense in the past 5 years. You've always been a great kid...now a great Mom. And the lessons get repeated for the next generation.
Post a Comment