I'm finally getting caught up on our blog! I've been doing a lot of posting lately, so scroll through the older posts (at the bottom of the page) to see other recent posts. One of these days I will actually be caught up! :)

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Elaina's Dance Recital


Elaina did so well at her dance recital last Saturday. She is such the little performer, and so getting on stage in front of 1000-1500 people (that's at least how many the studio expected to show) was no big deal.


Her ballet routine was called "Circus Ballerina." I don't have pictures of her in her tap shoes, but she also did a tap routine - "Gettin' Better Boogie."


Erin was so proud of her big sister!
It was fun to spend so much of the day with the two of us. Who knew dance recital days were so time consuming?!? We had to be there at 8:30am for the dress rehearsal, which started at 9am. This lasted 2+ hours. We had a few hours at home before heading back at 3:30 to get a good seat for the 5pm show that night. It was fun to spend the day together and we both really enjoyed all the other dance performances as well.

Once I get the video off the video camera I will post the performances.

4 comments:

Jami said...

So cute! I remember those days when I was a little girl.

MB said...

VERY cute! :) You have such sweet girls!

amespj said...

I hope I get a private recital of the best performance when I get there. I can't wait. I'm sure Erin has the routine down pat too.

Heather said...

I love all of these!! So great! What a brave girl getting up in front of everyone.=) You are such a great mom starting a kid's day. Maybe I will join the club.=)