I usually tune out to what the kids are saying in the back seat when I'm driving the preschool carpool, but when I tune in, it's usually pretty amusing. I usually drive Elaina and her two friends, Matthew and Caleb. Today I tuned in because Elaina was distraught and on the verge of tears. I asked her what is wrong. She answered that nobody would play with her. I asked why not, and was told that she wanted to play "Mommy and Daddy" and they wanted to play "a game called shoot the bad guys." We all had a little talk about including everyone and that she might need to be willing to play what the boys are playing if she wants to be included. So, she compromised...and tried to bend the game to go how she wanted it to go. I heard a lot of "pssshh, pssshh" (gun noises) and then, in her high-pitched, girliest voice:
Elaina: "oh no! Save me! I'm the princess and I don't have a shoot gun!"
Caleb & Matthew: "pssshhh, psshhh, bam, bam"
Elaina: "oh no! My gun ran out of batteries. Can you give me some more?"
Caleb, sounding a little annoyed: "Nooo!! We're shooting the bad guys!"
....more gun noises from the boys and more high pitched, helpless cries from Elaina....
Caleb: "oh no! Let's shoot the rabbits!"
Elaina looked a little concerned at this, but still wanted desperately to be apart of the game: "ok, now we've got the rabbits. Let's take them off to jail."
Caleb: N-N-N-N-N-O! We're supposed to SHOOT the rabbits!!
After a long, silent pause in which everyone seemed bothered (each for their own reasons) about how this game was going, Elaina decided to just change the game altogether:
Elaina (on the pretend phone): "hello hello? This is Princess Aurora. Hello? Hello? Someone pick up the phone please. This is Princess Aurora."
Nobody picked up the phone and the boys went back to shooting rabbits and bad guys...and bad rabbits.
9 comments:
How funny! Have you ever seen the wii game raving rabbids? I'm guessing that is where shooting the rabbits came from. They are bad rabbits that you shoot...oh my what an influence huh? I hear a lot of that stuff on the way to preschool too. It is soooo funny!
Haha...Cute
Poor Elaina, having to deal with all those boys:) What is she going to do? Just have to make them save the princess after shooting all those bad guys and rabbits:)
That is hilarious! Love it!
Very funny! It makes me think of David in a house with 3 big sisters and some of the activities you girls had him play with you.
That is so funny!!! I read this to Dwain and we laughed so hard. So funny! Kids are so cute.
Awesome!
sooo funny and cute. I guess we can see differences in kids pretty early on, huh? Funny!
That is too funny! I can just imagine the whole thing. Kids, gotta love them and their personalities.
Post a Comment