I'm finally getting caught up on our blog! I've been doing a lot of posting lately, so scroll through the older posts (at the bottom of the page) to see other recent posts. One of these days I will actually be caught up! :)

Sunday, March 7, 2010

DiSnEyLaNd!!!

I was so excited to take the kids to Disneyland when we were in California after Christmas. I think they were the perfect ages - Erin was old enough to enjoy the excitement and know who the characters are. She was also old enough to be able to handle a long day. Elaina was young enough that she wasn't trying to figure out if it was the real Mickey Mouse, or just someone dressed up as Mickey. It was magical for all of us. I love Disneyland! I'm glad that all of my brother and sister in laws (who were there) were able to come too. It was such a fun day!

Entrance to Disneyland. The girls were just in awe. I was so excited to introduce them to Disneyland!

TJ& Erin

Visiting Dale. He was so impressed with Elaina's sparkly shoes, and she was just as excited to show them off :)

Staci and Elaina looking over the bridge at the Disneyland Castle

Visiting Mickey. Erin was excited that he kissed her hand

Visiting Mickey in Toontown

Me & my girls

Visiting Goofy in Toontown


If you've talked to the girls at all in the last 2 months you know that "Goofy turned around in the picture." They tell everyone they ever talk to. Multiple times. They tell strangers in line at the grocery store. They tell random people at church. People have no idea what they're talking about, but Elaina and Erin think it's hilarious. If only Goofy knew how memorable his turning around in the picture would be!


Elaina always wants to help navigate. I have so many pictures of her reading the map at various different places. I think these pictures are so cute!

Elaina at It's a Small World

Elaina, me, and Staci on the boats at It's a Small World...Elaina looks scared, but she wasn't scared - this is her "I-want-to-look-at-other-things-but-Mom's-making-me-smile-for-the-camera" face.

Teacups! Kelli and I volunteered to go on with the kids (Kelli is pregnant; I'm just a wuss - I just can't handle the dizzy rides!), while TJ and Staci went crazy on their own teacup.

While we were waiting for the parade to start Erin got in front of the crowds and started twirling and dancing. People around us thought it was pretty funny, and then other girls started to follow. Then this little girl came out and Erin was in heaven that Snow White came to dance with her. I think there ended up being about 3 little girls that were out there dancing for the crowds.
Mickey & Minnie in the parade

After the parade we went to go visit the princesses. We got in line and realized it was an hour and a half wait. I had told the girls that the princesses lived at Disneyland and that we would be able to see them so there was no way that we were going home without seeing them. So I stood in line while the kids went on other rides with Kelli, TJ & Staci, and they got back just in time to meet the princesses. It worked out great and was SO worth it. I wish you all could have seen their faces when they walked up and saw Belle and Ariel and Jasmine. They acted elegantly, and polite, and very princess-y. It was so cute.

Elaina felt like a real pricess sitting with Belle

Ariel as our favorite - she was so talkative and friendly. She kept talking and asking questions to the girls and was so interested in what the girls told her. She played the part perfectly and we all just loved her

I love this picture of Elaina and Belle - it's like they're having a little conversation and you can see on Elaina's face how special she feels to be visiting with Princess Belle

Jasmine & the girls

Steve, Ashley & Elaina

Erin

Ashley, Elaina & Steve

Erin & Uncle Jonny. He went with us on Pirates of the Caribbean and was sitting next to Elaina and Erin saying "you're going to die!!!!!" They just laughed and thought he was hilarious, and the ride wasn't scary. However, earlier in the day when we were on Mr. Toad's Wild Ride (far less scary than Pirates) they were both freaked out and crying - and Kelli and I were trying to calm them down and tell them it was all pretend the whole time!

Trying on princess crowns


Disneyland at night. It was so fun to be there at Christmas. The castle was beautiful. The fireworks were incredible. It was a wonderful day!

1 comment:

Steph Thomas said...

WOW, PRICELESSSS!!!! Yes, I have been told about Goofy....a couple times:) Now I actually got to see the picture.