I'm finally getting caught up on our blog! I've been doing a lot of posting lately, so scroll through the older posts (at the bottom of the page) to see other recent posts. One of these days I will actually be caught up! :)

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Snow in Texas!!!

It snowed here last week and we were so excited! We're a little limited on the winter clothing :) Erin ironically has 2 pair of winter boots; poor Elaina had to wear her regular tennis shoes, which soaked through. Erin's gloves didn't match; Elaina borrowed mine (which were huge on her!) when hers got soaked. Elaina's coat was pretty light-weight and so she had lots of layers underneath to try and keep her warm.

Getting ready to go out to play!



At first the girls were a little hesitant to go and really play in the snow; they weren't really sure about getting wet and dirty. I told Elaina to "go play" so she jumped in, and then jumped right back out. It was so funny to see them so unfamiliar with snow!

Erin's a little copy cat, so she followed Elaina jumping in....and right back out. It didn't take too long for them to get wet and dirty and have lots of fun. They got drenched! It was so great!

Erin got stuck in this position. She didn't really want to get wet yet, so she just stood there calling for me to help her. I snapped a photo :)

Love this pic!




Elaina, starting our snowman...but then the girls discovered how fun it is to throw a snowball and so we started several snowmen that afternoon

We stayed out as long as we could, but after about an hour and a half they were both pretty drenched and so we came in. I stuck Elaina's shoes, and all the gloves, hats, and sweaters in the dryer so we could go out again after dinner.




Our fabulous snowman! He's brown, and grassy, and covered in leaves, but it is the best snowman I've ever made. Check out the proud faces on those girls. It's the most adorable thing ever!

2 comments:

Kristi said...

Looks like you had so much fun! Snow in Texas, such a novelty! We only got it once while we were there and it didn't even really stick! We get it here though:) We got a lot last week, but it was melted within 2 days:)

Brittany said...

How funny! I just wrote this same post, and then was looking through at the blogs I hadn't read since last week. It looks like you are just as behind as me! :)