However, Elaina came home from preschool yesterday with the assignment to read a story to me (one that they brought home from preschool). I sat down with her and was shocked to hear her read the whole thing, with help on a few words. I'm amazed at what these little minds are capable of. I really haven't worked with her a whole lot on reading yet, but I'm going to practice reading with her every day because she loves it and most of all, it's great to see her recognize the potential she has to read on her own. However, I'll hold off on showing her the proper way to spell and pronounce "smarshmallow" and "haynguber" for as long as I can!
I'm finally getting caught up on our blog! I've been doing a lot of posting lately, so scroll through the older posts (at the bottom of the page) to see other recent posts. One of these days I will actually be caught up! :)
Wednesday, January 20, 2010
My Elaina Girl
Elaina is growing up and I have mixed feelings about this. Overall, I'm so proud of her and love watching her learn and explore her little world and what she is capable of. On the other hand, she still says "haynguber" (=hamburger) and "smarshmallows," and I never want to correct this! I think it is so dang cute. It's like the last little bit of toddler in her that I'm not going to be the one to change. :)

However, Elaina came home from preschool yesterday with the assignment to read a story to me (one that they brought home from preschool). I sat down with her and was shocked to hear her read the whole thing, with help on a few words. I'm amazed at what these little minds are capable of. I really haven't worked with her a whole lot on reading yet, but I'm going to practice reading with her every day because she loves it and most of all, it's great to see her recognize the potential she has to read on her own. However, I'll hold off on showing her the proper way to spell and pronounce "smarshmallow" and "haynguber" for as long as I can!
However, Elaina came home from preschool yesterday with the assignment to read a story to me (one that they brought home from preschool). I sat down with her and was shocked to hear her read the whole thing, with help on a few words. I'm amazed at what these little minds are capable of. I really haven't worked with her a whole lot on reading yet, but I'm going to practice reading with her every day because she loves it and most of all, it's great to see her recognize the potential she has to read on her own. However, I'll hold off on showing her the proper way to spell and pronounce "smarshmallow" and "haynguber" for as long as I can!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Love all these posts! Can't believe how big your girls have grown. They are so pretty and smart, must take after their mom....(take that Mike!) We love you guys!
Matthew used to say tomario=tomorrow. I am so sad that he doesn't say it anymore.
These are happy days and you are building such delightful memories. I agree, don't be in a hurry to correct every little word, it will come soon enough.
They are both such cute little girls.
Post a Comment