The deal is that if Elaina finishes her sandwich (or at least eats more than 2 bites...), she can have an oreo for dessert. Halfway through her sandwich, she seems to get these horrible pains and feels deathly ill. Elaina believes that the sandwich is causing the problem and suggests that leaving the sandwich unfinished and having that oreo now will make this all better. Mom believes that an oreo is definitely not the answer to a stomach ache.
Hmmmm, Elaina is wondering what to do now.
"I just feel a little bit sick. I probably should rest." As soon as these words come out of her mouth, she realizes that this might be the answer to not having to eat that sandwich, but would not solve the problem of how to eat that oreo now.
After a soccer match with kitchen magnets (between Elaina and Erin), and a glass of spilled orange juice all over the floor, table, and chair, Elaina suddenly realizes that Mom is always one step ahead of her and if she'd just do what Mom says life will be a lot happier (I love moments like these!). She finishes her sandwich, and gets the oreo.
Now on to battle Erin, who doesn't logically try to get the oreo; she has a tantrum, and throws herself on the ground because of how unfairly she's being treated. She wears herself out trying to get the oreo and finally gives up. She will learn. Someday she'll turn 4 and try to use logical methods to trick me into giving her an oreo, and finally concede that Mom knows best and she should always do what I say :) And then we will all live happily ever after.
5 comments:
I agree - Moms know best. But only Moms know that. I'm glad you're such a good mom.
Love your Mom
Were still in the tantrum phase at our house, but I can't wait until we reach the 4 year old phase and get some logic back into our house! :)
I wish all kids did exactly what their Mom said....then the world would be a happy place!:)
You ought to copyright this so other parents would know how to deal with their children. I hope your girls always remember that Mom knows best. It is fun to read about your parenting skills and know you are doing it correctly.
Post a Comment