I'm finally getting caught up on our blog! I've been doing a lot of posting lately, so scroll through the older posts (at the bottom of the page) to see other recent posts. One of these days I will actually be caught up! :)

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

A Week of Halloween!

We had such a great (busy) Halloween week! Elaina was a witch and Erin was a fairy.

On Monday our friends invited us to their home for a Halloween Family Home Evening. We sang songs, read stories, played games, ate & decorated yummy food, and Elaina participated in a donut eating contest. It was hilarious to watch. Was a winner declared?!? I don't even know, I just remember how funny it was to watch her attempt to eat a donut on a string, without hands!

On Wednesday our ward had its Halloween Carnival, and the youth were in charge of the booths. I was so busy that night getting everything else ready for the carnival that I forgot Erin's costume! :( That night I had to split my time between supervising Beehives and watching my own kids (because Mike was doing a magic booth -I'll post pictures later - so Elaina actually spent a lot of the night on her own, and she was great (I think, I hope!). She spent most of the night at the cake walk and I don't even want to know how much cake she ate over there! She spent so much time there because earlier in the day I had told her that there would be a costumer parade and she thought this was it. Oh, she cracks me up!

At then end we did a trunk or treat and Erin helped me hand out candy.

All week long the kids talked about Halloween at preschool and on Thursday we did trick or treating with cardboard boxes as our "houses." Then on Friday we did trick or treating at music makers, and so by Friday night the kids already had so much candy, but they still had to go trick or treating! We had 3 other families come over and eat pizza and then they all went trick or treating in our neighborhood, which was fun for them to go with their friends. And the best part is that Grandma was here to go trick or treating with them as well!
In total, the kids (well, Elaina) dressed up 5 times, and I washed her costume 3 times in one week!

6 comments:

Heather said...

You look so great Allison and they are the cutest little witch and fairy ever!=)

Melody said...

Hey-I had that same witch costume when I was younger! Did you get the fabric from a fabric store like Joann's or something like that?

robyncreates said...

I loved Elaina's tights! And Erin was the cutest fairy! Sounds like you guys had lots of fun!

Erin said...

I think Elaina's witch dress was absolutely adorable. It is so, so cute - very retro & charming.

I know what you mean, too, about kids on their own at the carnival. I was watching Annie at the cake walk & didn't even count the number of cupcakes consumed. We don't want to know, I'm sure!

It sounds like you guys had a great time! This is a SILLY question, but how intense are Halloween celebrations in Canada? Is it still a big deal or less of a production than down here?

amespj said...

I agree - they are the cutest! Even without the Halloween costumes! I'll respond to Erin's question since I was the Mom when we had Halloween in Canada (what do kids know - dress up & eat lots of candy). However the event is just the same as in US except that at least 2 costumes are required, or 1 very versatile. One to wear for indoor events and 1 to wear over a snowsuit. It typically snows that day and turns very cold. I think the weatherman must be a witch!

Nana M said...

We had 45 Trick or Treaters this year, the most we have had in recent years, probably because it wasn't cold and no snow so kids could dress up without snowsuits.
But none were as cute as these two.