Conference was great this weekend! My favorite talk was Elder Bednar's on Saturday morning on making more meaningful prayers. I can't wait to read it again when it comes out in the Ensign! I also loved President Monson's talk Sunday morning, particularly when he encouraged the young parents to cherish the moments we have with our kids right now - even with tiny fingerprints everywhere, endless laundry, dishes.... I love these years with my kids but feel like I spend so much at-time cleaning and doing housework rather than really playing with them. We're involved in a lot of activities outside of the house, but when we're at home I know I need to sit down and actually play more.
I also find myself too-often thinking that things will be easier (and mostly, less time consuming) when the girls are more independent - ie. when Elaina can put herself in the car and buckle her seatbelt so that I don't have two kids to get in and out of the car everywhere we go. Or when they can dress themselves or clean up the toyroom with less help/encouragement/nagging from me. But I know that when they are as independent as I sometimes wish they were that they'll be beyond the ages they are right now and I LOVE these ages and the adorable things they are doing & saying right now. The girls are so fun right now and I am glad for the encouragement to enjoy and love these years with them because it already is passing to quickly.
The other fabulous news is that Calgary is getting a temple!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!! I'm super excited about this!
I hope you all had a great conference weekend too. What were some of your favorite talks/moments?
3 comments:
One of my favorites was (let me look at my notes...) ah, yes Eyring is always one of my favories. He talked about unity and how pride is an enemy to unity.
I loved the same talks that you mentioned. I also feel the same way you do about the kids and how I need to enjoy them more right now and not wish them to be older and more independent. Good comments!
We were in Nepal during Conference and can only get it here in the middle of the night on the computer anyway. We've decided to watch a talk a day (on Internet)so we'll soon see it all. I'm thrilled for a Calgary temple!
Post a Comment