We had a joint birthday party on Saturday with Erin's friend, Julia, who was born the day after Erin. We did it at the splash pad at a nearby park. Here are the two cute birthday girls!
Our friend Stephanie made the cutest cake for the birthday girls - she is an incredible cake decorator! I wish I could capture all the detail on the cake, but a picture just doesn't do it justice. Thanks Steph for a fabulous birthday cake (and yummy too!)!!

I made a cake on Sunday because it was a tradition growing up that my Mom always made our birthday cakes - and even if we had a "friend" party, we had a cake for a "family" party as well. I would like to try and be as good as my Mom was and make a cake for each of my children's birthdays. I am not a pro at this, so my cake is nowhere near as good as Steph's! My Mom discovered that her first birthday cake was a bunny cake, and my first birthday cake was a bunny cake, so since she recently discovered this, I thought it would be cool to do a bunny for Erin as well.


5 comments:
we had a blast!!! happy bday erin!
Happy Birthday Erin! You are so beautiful in all the pictures! I wish I could have been there. Tell your mom she made a great looking cake! I love you!!!
I loved getting this message. I missed being there but this is the next best. Both little girls are cute. It was fun to see the girls with the gifts of the wagon and table. I hope they have lots of fun with both for many years. Both birthday cakes were delightful. The bunny cake brought back a lot of memories.
What a fun birthday for your adorable baby (or should I say big) girl! And I thought your cake was very cute!
Great pics! Looks like she had fun and that's what counts! I love the wagon. That's the same one I have wanted for years. :)
Post a Comment