I'm finally getting caught up on our blog! I've been doing a lot of posting lately, so scroll through the older posts (at the bottom of the page) to see other recent posts. One of these days I will actually be caught up! :)

Friday, July 11, 2008

Eat Mor Chiken

Mike was chatting with one of his econ buddies today and found out about this cool promotion that Chick Fil A was doing. In observance of cow appreciation day, if you dress up like a cow, you get a free combo meal. Mike of course, being the economist that he is, couldn't believe it, thinking "what's the catch? There's no such thing as a free lunch!" So he looked it up online, and sure enough, it was true....but only for today.

So our family got decked out in our makeshift cow costumes (which consisted of white shirts, white pants, and black construction paper taped to our clothes). When we showed up, Mike goes "here we are....dressed like cows....what do we get?" The girl behind the counter said "well, all your food is free!"



We definitely looked ridiculous, but we got four free meals out of it :)

7 comments:

Cheryl said...

Too cute! You guys look like you enjoyed your evening out, and what cute little costumes! You look adorable!

amespj said...

I don't think you look ridiculous at all....I think you all look great! Besides a free meal, I bet it's one memory you won't forget.

MB said...

Very cool. Hey, I don't know if you all have Chipotle there or not but, its a burrito place. If you wear tin-foil (which is how they wrap their burritos) then, you can get a free burrito. I can't remember which day it is but, it's FANTASTIC!

Jami said...

That is too funny. You guys look great. Nothing better then a free meal. Even if you have to work for it.

Heather said...

this is one of my favorite blog postings so far! I laughed so hard, and will print off pictures to show my coworkers! :o)

Nana M said...

I loved this blog. I don't think you look ridiculous, it looks like you were having fun. What a cute idea.

Stacie said...

That's AWESOME!! I love it! I wish I had the guts to do something like that! I totally would, but only if I had someone that would do it with me....but I don't and so I still pay for all of my meals!! By the way, you guys look totally adorable, not ridiculas!