For anyone who wondered, Elaina is not the least bit shy (I doubt anyone even wonders...). Flying home from Las Vegas this spring, as soon as we boarded the plane, she turned to the guy sitting next to her and cheerfully asked:
"What's your name?"
"Pedro" he said...
Elaina: "Oh....that's a pretty name!"
I'm sure he was very flattered!"Pedro" he said...
Elaina: "Oh....that's a pretty name!"
We've been talking a lot about boys and girls lately:
Mommy is a girl...Daddy is a boy....Elaina is a girl...Erin is a girl...Matthew is a boy...Anabelle is a girl...
But now she points to everything - carrots at the dinner table, crayons, toys - and asks whether they are boys or girls. At least in Spanish objects are either masculine or feminine, but not in English. I just can't get Elaina to understand that carrots are neither boys nor girls. These are the kind of arguments I just never thought I'd ever have to have...
The other great words being said around here are:"Mama"
"Dada"
"Na-Na" = "Elaina"
and, as of two days ago: "Baby"
"Dada"
"Na-Na" = "Elaina"
and, as of two days ago: "Baby"


I love these girls!
13 comments:
This explains something to me about Anabelle. Yesterday after work she, Janine, and I were in the kitchen. I was singing a church hymn. (Sometimes in the privacy of my own home this involves some falsetto.) Anabelle turned to Janine and said "Daddy is a boy." Janine replied "Yes, Daddy is a boy, but sometimes he sings like a girl." Now, having read your post, I believe that Anabelle's comment was not so much a critique of my singing (which she seems to enjoy much more than Janine does), but just a reflection of something she learned from Elaina. I am glad that Anabelle has older, wiser friends like Elaina to help her learn these important lessons.
Incidentally, I agree that Pedro is a beautiful name.
What great pictures! I love the one of Erin in the plastic tub, that is priceless!
Allison-- you are such an excellent Mom to think to record these everyday happenings that mean so much to the extended family far away. We love to be included in your lives.
Ducky will be especially happy to hear of Elaina's good Latin taste -Pedro being a Latin name.
I want to know how Erin got into that tub? She looks pretty content.
I'm so happy to hear about Erin's growing vocabulary...just one little concern. I hope she soon learns another translation for 'Elaina' so I can be 'Nana'.
BTW - The 2 photos of Elaina smelling the flowers are a couple of the ones we have on the front of our fridge. It's covered with photos of our little girls. I think I might copy this recent one of Erin in the tub to add to the collection.
This was a very cute post. I loved it. It was fun to read about the different things Elaina says and does. The picture of her smelling the flower, I thought it was Erin for a second, the hair was too long for it to be Erin but the profile was there. Yesterday, at the park she asked a guys name and then said "Nice to meet you." Coming from such a little girl, it was too cute. Thanks for sharing the fun times.
That is so funny. I love your girls.
I love it! (I like Giselle too! I like her cleaning song and how satirical she is...)
Anywho, great posts! We are moving to DC. Did you know that? Crazy huh?
They have to put two of the cutest sisters ever!! I was laughing out loud at Lana's little sayings and Erin is getting so big!! Happy Birthday to her, right?
Hey, Just wnated you to know that I think you have the cutest little girls! I can't wait till Kyle starts doing some of the things that Elaina does. Can't wait to see you guys!
Your girls are just so adorable!! I love reading your posts about the cute things that they say and do!!
What fun expressoins and memories. I'm working on Jared to start muttering those first words. So far, we have mama, and dada. I can't wait to hear more babbling. I love the pics of all of you dressed up like cows. What fun.
This post is just sweet, sweet!
I love the bunny cake, Allison. You did a good job.
So did Stephanie. What a treat to have two marvelous celebrations.
Post a Comment