I'm finally getting caught up on our blog! I've been doing a lot of posting lately, so scroll through the older posts (at the bottom of the page) to see other recent posts. One of these days I will actually be caught up! :)

Saturday, March 1, 2008

My 10 Favorite Things Elaina Has Done Recently

1. I wasn't there, but a friend told me about this: A couple weeks ago at Enrichment, Elaina saw an older man with white hair & glasses talking to some of the men that were watching the kids in the nursery and she started waving to him, trying to get his attention saying "Look! It's President Hinckley!! Hi President Hinckley!!!"

2. Last week as I was putting Erin in her car seat, she started to throw up and my first instinct was to not let it get everywhere, so I put out my hand and caught it all in my hand (yuck!). Then I was looking around for a burp cloth or something, and Elaina walked up to me so concerned and said "Oh no Sweetie...Let's wash your hands....I'll help you...Oh sweetie, come here sweetie..." And then she took me by the arm and led me to the bathroom to "help" me wash my hands. She takes such good care of me!

3. After Sacrament Meeting each Sunday Elaina knows that as soon as the closing prayer is over, that means it's time for nursery. She jumps out of her seat and looks all around the chapel to try and find her friends and then she recruits them all to nursery with her. She'll take them by the hand and lead them down the hallway - it's cute to see her rounding up all the two-year-olds and taking them to class with her.

4. Whenever we go to our grocery store (H.E.B) they give the kids "Buddy Bucks" which is "money" (it looks like monopoly money) to insert into the game machine and they get stickers with it. Without fail, every time we get to the cash register Elaina walks up to the cashier and says "Can I have my money please?" She takes her money very seriously.

5. She gets I and YOU mixed up all the time, but my favorite is that when she wants to be held she says "I hold you..." It's so cute!!!

6. She is a great big sister and has lots of names for Erin: cutie & silly-head & she's copied my nickname for her: Erin-girl.

7. At lunch today Elaina decided that her toy cow was dirty and needed a bath, so she dumped her cup of water on him and cleaned him up (it wasn't so cute at the time!). Then when I got upset, she said "cow was dirty - cow's all clean now!"

8. She is learning to dress herself. Sometimes her underwear is on upside-down, inside-out and backwards, but then other times she does it perfect! And she can put her pants on. The shirts are a little difficult.

9. The other day she stuck about 10 post-it notes in a very straight line on the window sill and then she got a stick and started to wave it around and sing - it took a minute for me to realize what she was doing: she was leading the music and the post-it notes were the people in the choir. She has a million stuffed animals, I'm not really sure why the post-it notes because the toys, but her imagination is so big right now I guess anything can be a toy!!

10. I made meatballs last week and they turned out spicier than I wanted so I didn't want Elaina to eat very many. But she just scarfed them down and then wanted more! So after two, I told her that she couldn't have any more because she would get a tummy ache and I didn't want her to get a tummy ache. She obviously doesn't know what a tummy ache is because a couple minutes later she asked, "Mommy, can I have a tummy ache please?!?"

4 comments:

Steph Thomas said...

I got a kick out of these. I read them to Chris and we both had a good laugh.

Steph Thomas said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heather Bell said...

That choir story is awesome! It is so fun to watch them grow up and their little quirks. So excited to see you guys soon.

Nana M said...

I loved your comments about Elaina's activities. She is a most delightful child. Being choir leader is another example of her love of anything related to music. I am so glad you and Mike are encouraging that. Also loved reading about her thoughtful ways.