While Heather was here I decided to drag everyone out on a girls-day out shopping excursion #1 because I LOVE to shop #2 because I always love girl time #3 because I needed a dress to my sister's wedding and the mall in College Station is pretty pathetic. So my friend Kristi recommended some outlets in San Marcos, which is 2 1/2 hours away. It was a really pretty drive out there and we were able to spent the WHOLE day out there. It is the most beautiful mall... (and yes, a mall
can be beautiful!!!) consisting of 2 huge outlet malls side by side and some of my favorite stores in the world...and of course great outlet prices! Apparently, it was even rated as the third best shopping in the world by The View (not that I give much weight to their opinions, but if anyone is going to rate a mall that high, it's worth checking out, I think). I was in shopping heaven! And as a bonus Elaina and Erin even had fun and behaved so well all day. I was amazed at how well they did. And in the end, I left with a dress for Jen's wedding - mission accomplished.

On the way out, Erin slept, and Elaina sang. Everyone was happy :)


Time to stretch - on the drive out!


Thank goodness for these little rides all along the sidewalk...they were something for Elaina to look forward to in between stores, helping to keep her happy all day, which in turn kept Mommy happy too. Thank goodness Elaina hasn't learned that if you put in a quarter, they move up and down. We'll hold out as long as we can without telling her that.


Elaina definitely inherits the "Ames" genes in her love for shoes - just like her Mom, her Aunts, and her Nana. It was so funny to see her trying to put these on and then try to walk in them!

1 comment:
That is awesome that she is so happy just sitting on them. It is a good thing she never saw any other kids on them going up and down. Smart move to hold off on that as long as possible. By the sounds of how many there were that could end up being where all Mike's income ends up:) Just Kidding.
Post a Comment