Our brother in law, TJ, was stationed at Fort Hood in Texas before going to Afghanistan. During most of the duration of his stay, we weren't able to see him, but we found out near the end of his time there that he would have a few days off. So we were able to go spend a day with him since he was only 2 hours away. It was so great to see him!
I know he missed his wife and kids tremendously, so I hope that seeing some family helped
lift his spirits in some way. It was so wonderful for us to see him
too. We really enjoyed our time with him, and he was able to show us
around the base and share some of his life with us. It was a great day.
We got to walk around the base and see some tanks and helicopters. It was pretty cool.
At the end of the day we went bowling.
And yes, I did take a picture of the screen, only because I have never in my life won a game of bowling. Ever. I'm lucky to get over a hundred.
And yes, I did take a picture of the screen, only because I have never in my life won a game of bowling. Ever. I'm lucky to get over a hundred.
To be fair, I have to point out that TJ played the game left handed.
And Mike....well, Mike just lost. To Me. I beat Mike. The end.
1 comment:
Granted, I don't think TJ and I have ever been bowling together - but I was going to say "Wow, TJ got schooled by a kindergartener!" I suppose it's not so surprising now, knowing that he bowled left-handed. But I'm sure it was a boost to the girls' ego...being able to beat an adult.
I love the pictures! I'm so jealous that I wasn't able to go down and visit him. But I'm so glad he was able to see you all.
Post a Comment