Elaina turned 6 this summer!
On her actual birthday I made this really easy ice cream cake that my Mom made for our birthdays growing up. It is the easiest and yummiest cake (especially if you love ice cream like we do in our house!)
Elaina had a Candyland Birthday Party this year. It was so easy and so much fun to put together! Elaina helped contribute lots of ideas to the party planning, which made it extra fun to do together. We had "stations" throughout the house to represent different areas of the Candyland game. They decorated gingerbread men at "the "Gingerbread Tree." They played musical lollipops at "Lollipop Woods." We played a relay game with peppermints at "Peppermint Pass." Elaina made a pinata to look like a gumdrop, which we broke open at "Gumdrop Pass." And at "King Kandy's palace", the kids made candy necklaces.
Elaina had a Candyland Birthday Party this year. It was so easy and so much fun to put together! Elaina helped contribute lots of ideas to the party planning, which made it extra fun to do together. We had "stations" throughout the house to represent different areas of the Candyland game. They decorated gingerbread men at "the "Gingerbread Tree." They played musical lollipops at "Lollipop Woods." We played a relay game with peppermints at "Peppermint Pass." Elaina made a pinata to look like a gumdrop, which we broke open at "Gumdrop Pass." And at "King Kandy's palace", the kids made candy necklaces.
Unfortunately, having a summer birthday means that friends are often out of town for the party, so Elaina had some close friends that were not in town for the party, but we had a good turn out and are grateful to those school and church friends that were able to come.
4 comments:
I hadn't seen the photo of the front of the house before. How Cute!!! What terrific ideas for a party! Elaina and Erin are lucky to have had such fun parties this year.
Wow!! You are super mom! Seriously, that is impressive to do 2 awesome parties with a new baby. How creative!!=) In a future life, we WILL live by each other!!
I am sad Matthew had to miss it. He would have loved to go to a candyland party. I am super impressed with the party and everything you did for it. It looks like it turned out to be an all-girl party so I guess that was good Matthew wasn't there, though he still would have loved it:) Those are such great ideas. LOVE THEM. Sounds like they had a lot of fun...in fact I am sad that I missed it:) Very cute.
Oh, by the way, that wreath is SOOOOO stinking cute. I am super impressed you made that. It looks like something you bought. Also I love what you did with the cake. It took me just a little bit to realize what you used for the path. What a great job you did....I may or may not steal or idea sometime down the road. Is that ok?
Post a Comment