I'm finally getting caught up on our blog! I've been doing a lot of posting lately, so scroll through the older posts (at the bottom of the page) to see other recent posts. One of these days I will actually be caught up! :)

Friday, May 16, 2008

Travel Bug

Elaina's caught the travel bug from my family! Three days after we arrived in Calgary, she took off on a road trip to Utah with my Mom. They drove the full 15 hours in one day and stayed for 3 days to attend my sister Jen's graduation from BYU. My Dad flew into SLC and then they all drove back to Calgary together - both my parents, my sister Jen and her then-fiance, Jared.

Elaina's great at adapting to new situations and so she did great! She had a blast in the car, singing along to her many kids' music cds, watching movies, and pointing out all the farm animals. Elaina only got upset once when she didn't want my Mom to sing along with her! :) Other than that, I was told she was so fun to have around! I'm so proud of her at how well she adapts to situations like this. I wonder if she even missed us? Probably not, as you can tell how much fun she had from the pictures.

Ready to go!! This was at 6am the day of departure

They hit McDonald's twice in one day!
Elaina somehow has her Nana wrapped around her little finger.

Finger puppets - car entertainment!

My Dad taught her new tricks :)
She can actually put the spoon on her nose by herself! I'm so impressed!!!


Obviously the graduation ceremony wasn't too excited for Elaina. Isn't this a cute picture? What a nice grandpa!

Nice new hat!

And the real graduate - congrats Jen!

2 comments:

Steph Thomas said...

Your mom is such a trooper and I am so impressed with Elaina and how well she did.

The Torres Family said...

These are such great, cute moments caught of Elaina! I'm impressed, too! My kids would love to be with their grandparents, too, for a fun long trip. Me, too! So glad you get to be with your family!
By the way, your husband was great with his magic tricks last night at the Primary Spotlight night. The kids were awed at his incredible abilities!!