I'm finally getting caught up on our blog! I've been doing a lot of posting lately, so scroll through the older posts (at the bottom of the page) to see other recent posts. One of these days I will actually be caught up! :)

Monday, May 5, 2008

Fun in the Snow!!!

A couple days before we flew to Calgary my Mom called to tell me that Calgary had a foot of snow and was expected to snow our entire first week here!! Since we're going to Vegas next week, I got to pack for summer AND winter! But I'm a proud Canadian so I was thrilled for the opportunity to immerse my children into Canadian culture: playing out in the snow at the end of April!!! We had so much fun building a snowman, having snowball fights, rolling in the snow, jumping in it, and eating it of course. There's a lot of pictures, but with lots of family around, everyone took so many pictures which meant there were too many that I thought were cute, and I couldn't choose just a few!


Another highlight of the trip is when we drove out of the airport the day we arrived, Elaina saw a pine tree and yelled, "look Mom, a Christmas tree!!!" Ah, my Canadian-American daughter still has so much to learn :) This is Elaina with my brother Dave...eating snow off the Christmas tree!

Elaina and my Mom, building a snow man



Mmmm, Yum!



Putting snow down each other's backs! Elaina's still figuring out how this trick works, since when she does it she puts the snow ontop of our coats, rather than down our bare backs :) But the next night when we went into my cousin's hot tub, she and my Mom put snow on our necks again...it wasn't so funny this time when we were just in our bathing suits, outside in the bitter cold. They thought it was pretty funny though!!! So sneaky.
Kissing our snow man

7 comments:

Meli said...

ohh there is nothing as being in your own country!!!! that is nice that you got to go to Canada!!! we are missing you here though.

Steph Thomas said...

I think that picture of you and Elaina is so very cute and I also love the one with your mom, Elaina, and the snowman. It looks like you guys are having such a fun time there but I totally miss you guys here. Having Mike come over just isn't the same as having you around.

Jami said...

That look like so much fun. These pics are so darling. I love playing in the snow I love the snowman. I defiantly think you are super mom. I can't imagine a long plane ride like that with 2 kids. Wow!

Stacie said...

Those pictures are adorable! I love fresh snow and building snow people! Elaina sure is getting big, I think the last time I saw her she wasn't even a year old yet! Time sure does fly!

Janine said...

Those pictures are precious! Thanks for sharing. Elaina is so photogenic! Anabele has loved looking at them. I think this is the first real snowman she's seen. We miss you guys in Bryan :) I hope your return trip runs just as smoothly.

cms87 said...

I LOVE the pictures. Isn't it moments like that, that make motherhood worth all of the sacrifices?

robyncreates said...

cute cute pics! Hope you are having fun with family! It's the best-not near as good without a husband though. :)