I'm finally getting caught up on our blog! I've been doing a lot of posting lately, so scroll through the older posts (at the bottom of the page) to see other recent posts. One of these days I will actually be caught up! :)

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Thomas The Train

We had the most incredible day while I was in Calgary last month. We had heard months ago that Thomas the Train was going to be in Calgary this spring, and the days happened to correspond perfectly with the days we'd be up there anyway for the wedding! There's this historical village I used to go to a lot as a kid, and it has a railroad track that circles the park, so Thomas was there to pull the train around the park for the weekend. So of course we got tickets so that we could ride Thomas the Train! The whole park was decked out in Thomas games and activities. In fact, my whole family didn't want to miss out on seeing Elaina visit Thomas, so 13 adults accompanied Elaina and Erin to the park for the day. It was one of the best things I've ever done with my kids, it was such a wonderful day!


I have to also explain Elaina's love for Thomas. Last fall she was introduced to Thomas when she played at her friend Aaron's house one afternoon. She came home talking and talking about Thomas, but she didn't have any toys yet. Her Grandma (Mike's Mom) came to visit and bought her a DVD of Thomas sing along songs, and since she still didn't have any toys, this became her toy. I'd find Thomas the DVD case having tea parties with Elaina, and we'd kiss Thomas the DVD case before we went down for naps or bedtime. Thomas the DVD would come for car rides with us. And I even found Thomas the DVD sitting on time out once. At Christmas, Aunt Heather bought her some trains, which she adores as well. So this day was a HUGE hit for her, and for the rest of us who got to experience this day with her!

Hmmm, where's Thomas?!?

Here he comes!!!


My sister Heather & Erin watching Thomas come around the corner

Nanny M and Elaina watching Thomas

Hi Thomas! (Elaina & my cousin Andrea)

Bye Thomas!

Mommy & Elaina posing for a picture with our friend

Elaina & Erin with Nana & Grandpa Ducky

Sir Topham Hatt

3 comments:

Nana M said...

It was a fun day and one I shall long remember, spending the time with family. I am glad we all enjoyed it.

Steph Thomas said...

That is so cool. I didn't know they had things like that. Of course the cool things are in Canada:) Matthew would have loved to go see Thomas or "namos" as he calls him but we will just have to enjoy it through these pictures.

Melody said...

So cute! I love how she played with the DVD case-that's a funny story.