I'm finally getting caught up on our blog! I've been doing a lot of posting lately, so scroll through the older posts (at the bottom of the page) to see other recent posts. One of these days I will actually be caught up! :)

Saturday, April 23, 2011

So grateful for these two...

I love to eavesdrop on Elaina & Erin's conversations together. Right now they are soaking in the bathtub and I'm listening to Elaina console Erin about an owie she has on her foot. Erin is afraid to put her foot in the tub because she's worried that it will cause it to hurt even more. I had to write down their conversation because it's things like this that I want to remember forever.


Erin is quietly whimpering about her owie while Elaina is consoling her, saying: "Erin we need to keep the owie clean so that it will heal. If you don't put it in the water and keep it clean then dirt and germs will get in it and make it worse. Trust me Erin. Don't worry Erin, it will only hurt a little bit, but it will make it all better in the end. I promise."

And it worked! Erin trusted her big sister, put her foot in the bathtub and now they're playing Mommy/Baby and the owie seems to be forgotten. I'm so grateful for Elaina's compassionate nature. I'm so grateful for the love & adoration they both have for each other and the especially close relationship that they have. Moments like these remind me how wonderful it is to be a Mom. I'm lucky to have such great kids!

1 comment:

Nana M said...

I think your children are fortunate to have a wonderful mother and father who spend time with them.