I'm finally getting caught up on our blog! I've been doing a lot of posting lately, so scroll through the older posts (at the bottom of the page) to see other recent posts. One of these days I will actually be caught up! :)

Thursday, April 28, 2011

One of those days....

By 12:00 today, here is a summary of my day:

6:30am: spilled apple juice all over the kitchen floor and inside of the fridge (and of course I mopped the floor yesterday because of the lemonade that spilled all over the floor yesterday afternoon)

8:45am: a entire sheet of cookies slid off the pan as I was getting them out of the oven and landed all over the inside of the hot oven, and down between the crack where the oven hinges open, and onto the floor below (more mopping to be done, and now an oven to clean....)

9:30am: I had to leave my step aerobics class early because my lower back was hurting me so badly. It's been bothering me for several weeks now (making walking painful), but I'm doing lots of stretching and trying to push through it. I'm not ready to give up my step class yet! I was SO depressed to have to leave early today :(

10:30am: Drive across town to Michaels to discover that they don't sell reams of colored paper (just regular computer paper, but colored). It's a craft store! Why wouldn't they carry basic paper?

10:45am: Because I now need to drive all over town to find basic computer paper, Erin and I missed story time at the library. Now Erin is mad at me.

12:00am: Arrive home (with paper!), and within 5 minutes of walking in the door, I get a phone call from Elaina's school. Elaina is fine (phew! I don't think I could handle any more bad news) but at lunch time the girl sitting next to her threw up and got it all over Elaina. Elaina didn't have a complete change of clothes, and so I got to make a surprise visit to the school (to bring clothes and to console my daughter who is of course totally distraught).

It's now 2:15 and my oven is cleaned, my kitchen floor is mopped (for the third time in 24 hrs), and Erin is cleaning the toy room without a fight! So far the second half of today is going better than the first and I hope it lasts :)

3 comments:

Scott said...

Those sort of days are just hard. It seems like they always happen when I'm pregnant. Scott and I were remembering the other day when I was prego with Jeff and we lived in Rexburg, ID. The car ran out of gas and wouldn't start late at night when it was freezing. I kicked the car and started calling it names. Scott still teases me about it. Thankfully, tomorrow will be better. I just know it will!

As for working out, you should totally try out swimming. It makes your body feel so much better. At least it did for me... and you can get a great workout too. Hope today got LOTS better. :)

Heather said...

Wow!! If I were closer I would come do it all for you. You should have your feet up! You made it through, good job!

Kelli said...

I've had days like that - but I can't say I've ever had another little kid throw up on my son. :( Poor Elaina! I hope she's feeling better.

I have also mopped the kitchen floor several times this week. First because Andrew dropped his sippy cup on the floor and it exploded everywhere. Then I spilled apple juice all over the floor the next day. The day the apple juice spilled I had put Andrew down for a nap. Apparently he pooped and had taken off his diaper. When I realized he was awake I walked over and he had poopy war paint all over him and inside the crib - gross!