I'm finally getting caught up on our blog! I've been doing a lot of posting lately, so scroll through the older posts (at the bottom of the page) to see other recent posts. One of these days I will actually be caught up! :)

Friday, April 30, 2010

Elaina + Erin = BFF

I love these girls!! You won't find them apart from each other very often.

Elaina takes such good care of little sis. When Erin takes her nap Elaina listens for the squeaking door to open and as soon as it does, she runs to greet Erin and ask her to come play with her. I've also found Elaina helping Erin brush her teeth and take her potty. We've been working on having the girls say their own personal prayers before bed. The other night we forgot this in the bedtime routine and Elaina told me the next morning that she had helped Erin say her personal prayers. She's so good at including Erin when playing with her. She speaks so kindly to Erin and it is evident how much she loves her little sister in the way that she treats her (most of the time...believe me, we have our moments -- today is just a good day :) )

I love how much Erin looks up to big sister & adores Elaina so much. She even consents to being the prince so that she can play prince and princess with Elaina (other times she consents to being Captain Hook, or even "the bad guy")! What a sweetheart. She also knows the words to all the primary songs and dance songs that Elaina learns when she's not there - she just spends her day copying what Elaina does. I do love that she mimics Elaina since she does it out of love for her big sister, but I also wonder how her own little personality will blossom when Elaina is at kindergarten next year. At the same time I know it will be a really difficult transition for her and part of me doesn't look forward to separating the two of them either.

These are some beautiful weeds they picked for me
**Does that outfit of Elaina's hurt your eyes like it hurts mine? I do know how badly it doesn't match - believe me, this outfit was her choice that day and I'm trying to bite my tongue occasionally when it doesn't really matter (or at least I'm trying to convince myself that it doesn't really matter and that it's good for her to make some of her own choices over certain things....at least that's what they tell me in the Parenting books and magazines!)

This spring's bluebonnet picture

Awww, they love their puppy too!

Elaina has these preschool computer games that she loves. She's say to Erin: "Hey Erin, do you want to watch me do my computer games?" And Erin always cheerfully agrees! :)

This is my favorite! They've always loved the time at night when they can chat and giggle until they fall asleep. They even stall together - when one gets up for a drink or an owie, the other is following right behind! A couple weeks ago they started climbing in each others' beds and sleeping together. I caught this picture one night and I think it's so darn cute. They love each other so much. I'm so happy about that.

8 comments:

Cheryl said...

Love the pic of them in bed, that is how I hope my kids will be, BFF's, sometimes they are, but sometimes they aren't... I think it's the age for them. Such a cute post!!

Babies N Toddlers Dresses said...

soo cute, i love that last pic soo much!

Amy Martin said...

That last picture is priceless! I love when siblings are so close to each other.

Steph Thomas said...

That is really sweet, and yeah, LOVE LOVE LOVE the pictures of them sleeping together:)

amespj said...

How precious! I'm so excited to see them next month.

Brian Ames said...

These photos remind me of two other beautiful little girls in Texas; Allison and Heather, just 26 years ago.

Heather said...

So cute!! I love them all and it is even more fun to see them after we got to hang out.=)

Kelli said...

I'm impressed! Mike still has that laptop? I think I gave that to him 4 years ago. Glad to see it's still working!

I love that the girls get along so well! They're such cuties!